Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sweet Pea Champion: Bianca Norman

It's been about 4 years since I entered the cloth diaper world and a few months since we were picked to be Sweet Pea Champions. My son Emilio is now 4 years old, and he is only using cloth diapers for bedtime. I honestly thought he was going to be in diapers forever at one point. Then one day it just sort of clicked for him! (woohoo)! He rarely has accidents and has caught on pretty quickly. I am so very proud of him! Night time potty learning is next I suppose… I have no idea how one does that! So I am open to suggestions…THANKFULLY  I still have one child in cloth diapers full time; my daughter, Lucy. She's already 15 months! They grow up so fast! Lucy has been able to try a lot of the Sweet Pea products and we absolutely love being Sweet Pea Champions!

Modern cloth diapers forums have become a place for like minded families to come together and spread the cloth diaper love. For me, it has become a gateway to one of the biggest family/mommy communities online. Not only for cloth diaper information, but for a range of different parenting topics, breastfeeding, car seat safety, teething help, maybe some natural remedies in between, and so much more. 


E was about 10 months old when he used his first cloth and breastfeeding was how I heard about the use of modern cloth diapers (CDs).  I was a member of a group for breastfeeding moms and a couple of them had mentioned using CDs. It was also the first time that I would become a part of the online parenting world. Boy, did I have a lot to learn! I saw the word “crunchy” and “attachment parenting” often, these words were also new to me. I eventually learned about babywearing, babyled solids, and tumeric. Lot’s of tumeric talk!. The first moms that I interacted with, also sent me my first cloth diapers to try; Kushies, Bumkins, and bumGenius brands. Fast forward 4 years and my knowledge and use of cloth goes beyond the three diapers I started off with. I still keep in touch with those moms and they all hold a special place in my heart.


And now I am here writing my first blog entry for Sweet Pea Diapers. So, you see how that went.... Cloth Diapers have become a passion and a hobby. And if you are reading this blog entry, you too are probably a cloth diaper enthusiast! 

No comments:

 

Sweet Pea Diapers Copyright © 2011 Sweet Pea Diapers Blog is Designed by She Thinks Media