Friday, November 4, 2011

A peek inside one mamas cloth diaper washing routine!

Guest Post by Samantha

If you ask someone how they clean their cloth diapers, you will get many different answers. This is the way our family gets our diapers clean!

When its time for a diaper change, we rinse off the dirty diaper, using a diaper sprayer. I have read that we probably could skip this step since our baby is breastfed. Breastfed baby poop doesn’t have to be sprayed as it will get clean during the first rinse. We keep all of the dirty diapers in a trash bin in our laundry room. We use a pail liner, which will go right into the wash with the diapers. I would recommend having two pail liners, so that while one is in the wash, you can put the other one right on.  

When it is time to do a load (which for us is every other day), we first do a rinse cycle on COLD. Once that is finished, do a regular wash cycle HOT with detergent. We use Rockin’ Green detergent (right now we are using Motley Clean scent…smells so good!)  Let them soak one hour (or overnight if you aren’t in dyer need of clean diapers).  Once that is finished, do another rinse cycle COLD. This step is very important because it gets all the remaining detergent out. When that is finished we line dry all the cloth diapers and cloth wipes. On a nice day we put the drying rack outside. Not only does it seem to dry a little quicker, but the sun is sort of a natural bleach and gets most of the stains out. Last but not least, always check the cloth diaper makers instructions on care. You may need to wash certain diapers separately.


So what's your wash routine?  Do you have any tips or tricks to share?

Bio
My name is Samantha, I am 27 years old and live in upstate New York. I am a mom of two amazing little girls ages 3 years and 4 months. I have been married to my best friend Mathew for 4 and a half years. I am a college graduate, but I am living the good life of being a stay at home mom! I love my family, taking pictures, reading and writing. 

No comments:

 

Sweet Pea Diapers Copyright © 2011 Sweet Pea Diapers Blog is Designed by She Thinks Media